[MPlayer-dev-eng] Writing a brand new D3D video output to fix Vista Aero disabling

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Wed Jun 4 21:07:46 CEST 2008

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 13:47:19 +0000 (UTC), elupus <elupus at ecce.se> wrote:
>On that yuv->rgb pixelshaders. We have two in xbmc's d3d renderer for mplayer.
>Now it's a very specialiced renderer that only support yv12, and an extremly
>messy codebase. But you can steal the pixelshader code.

damn. i spent a few minutes digging in xbmc code looking for the d3d renderer. or even the mplayer code itself. i must be blind.

are any other gpl video players which we can steal from?

btw georgi , if its not clear... we all support you 100% in creating a d3d video output. i just posted some code so you could get ideas or swipe some shader programs.

i look forward to testing your d3d patches on my various windows boxen + cards.

-compn