[MPlayer-dev-eng] recursive make considered harmful

Benjamin Zores ben at geexbox.org
Mon Jun 2 23:26:02 CEST 2008

Ivan Kalvachev a écrit :

> There is Bulgarian saying "The frog saw that farrier is shoeing a horse and riced leg to get iron shoe".

There is French saying 'Shut the hell up" ...
Now what, you need quotations to deprecate Diego's work ?

> The biggest problem as it was already demonstrated, is that the MPlayer Makefile cannot be fully made non-recursive. We do have includes of different projects that are imported into MPlayer and we must call them recursively.

No, the biggest problem is your attitude discouraging any positive
development. It is always easy to criticize people's work when you don't
do anything.

For sure, I do have more stuff to complain about on Diego's work than on
yours for obvious reasons, I barely ever have seen a commit from you.
No, in fact, that's not true, looking at MAINTAINERS file, I do have
more stuff to complain about on files you maintain than on the one Diego
does.

Ben