[MPlayer-dev-eng] The new Makefiles

Nico Sabbi Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it
Mon Jun 2 19:07:22 CEST 2008

Il Monday 02 June 2008 17:18:49 Diego Biurrun ha scritto:
> I did read your patch when you sent it to me.  However, I do not
> remember every single detail and it does not apply anymore.  By "I'll
> look at your patch" I just meant to say that I will investigate how it
> can be used to fix our linking problems, not that I wanted to look at
> it for the first time.
>
> Diego

sorry, but I really don't understand the reason for a single and totally flat
Makefile: IMO a Makefile per directory is a kind of modularization (that
is generally considered "A good thing" ) , clean for its own nature.
Can you explain what we gain now? or in what respect a single Makefile
is cleaner?