[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] the future of libmpeg2

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Mon Jul 14 11:52:12 CEST 2008

On Monday, 14 July 2008 at 10:51, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> libmpeg2 0.5.0 was just released and it contains all the MPlayer patches
> I sent them.  I was going to sync our internal libmpeg2 copy with the
> release, but I'm no longer sure this is really worth it.  We now use
> FFmmpeg as default MPEG-1/2 decoder, so we might as well drop the
> internal libmpeg2 copy, possibly adding support for compiling against
> external libmpeg2.  Thoughts?

FWIW I'm all for reducing the number of copies of external code we keep
in our tree.

While we're at it, why not switch internal libdvdread to svn extern
of our libdvdread fork and add libdvdnav to the mix, too?
Current internal libdvdread is unusable with libdvdnav anyway.

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer http://mplayerhq.hu | Livna http://rpm.livna.org