[MPlayer-dev-eng] Best practice , howto integrate a "new " protocol

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Tue Jan 29 00:54:31 CET 2008

On Jan 29, 2008, at 12:41 AM, Nico Sabbi wrote:

> Il Tuesday 29 January 2008 00:35:11 Nico Sabbi ha scritto:
>> Il Tuesday 29 January 2008 00:15:40 Marc Manthey ha scritto:
>>> hello experts ,
>>>
>>> forgive me  when my post is inappropriate to the list , but i had a
>>> great idea and would like to know if this could work ;)
>>>
>>> So , i am using an older conferencing software and would like to
>>> know
>>> if its possible to integrate a  new "protocol " into
>>> such a great free application like mplayer.
>>>
>>> My idea is that you open an reflector adress , like mine for e.g.
>>> <stattfernsehen.com> and  a  drop downlist appears
>>> with all the connected clients , then you choose one and you will be
>>> able to RECEIVE the stream.
>>>
>>> Could someone point me into a dokument whitch would be helpfull
>>>
>>> thanks in advance
>>>
>>> Marc
>>
>> look at the stream/ directory, in particular stream.c and stream.h
>
> although I have to say that the second part of your post leaves
> me with some doubt regarding the pertinence of my answer.
> Can you explain in more detail what you want to do precisely?

hi nico thanks for your time,

i want to "display"  ONE or more  cuseeme stream(s ) in mplayer.

as far as i know  cuseeme muxes the different streams and wrapp the
codecs into the protocol
itself so it must be possible to display the streams in a player to
view them or embed
them into a webpage. Could you or somebody else tell me what a
developer need to know
about it , so i could forward the message ?

P.S. AFAIK VIC <http://mediatools.cs.ucl.ac.uk/nets/mmedia/wiki/
VicWiki> is compactible to cuseeme in a way

> Cc: sumover-tech at cs.ucl.ac.uk
> Subject: Re: [Sumover-tech] question about NV , VIC, Rat and licences
>
> Hi Marc,
>> Could someone explain the difference between NV and VIC ?
>
> VIC is backwards compatible with NV, on the command-line you can use
> '-A nv" to use the variant of RTPv1 used by NV and
> '-f nv" to use NV's video codec.
> I'm guessing Xerox PARC's Network Video hasn't been maintained in
> years, unlike UCL vic.

so is that another way ?

thanks

marc
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the

Marc Manthey -  Hildeboldplatz 1a
D - 50672 Köln - Germany
Tel.:0049-221-3558032
Mobil:0049-1577-3329231