[MPlayer-dev-eng] Authentication for RTSP( live555 plugin )

Ratin stingrat at cox.net
Mon Jan 28 00:03:13 CET 2008

I wrote a RTSP server and trying mplayer with -user and -passwd options to
enable authentication. However even though
I sent a "401: UNAUTHORIZED" and "WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm= blah"
response for DESCRIBE command from the client, I dont see any re-submit of
DESCRIBE command from mplayer with encrypted username and passwd, the RFC
for http authentication says that should be the case. Anybody went thru this
problem or can comment on it?

Thanks,

Ratin