[MPlayer-dev-eng] Finally, I can now play my mp3PRO files with MPlayer

Thanasis Tsiodras ttsiod at softlab.ece.ntua.gr
Sat Jan 26 11:21:47 CET 2008

Finally, I can now play my mp3PRO files with MPlayer...

I had to do some creative GDBing to figure out why it didn't work
(initially), but I can now use the XMMS plugin for mp3PRO from within
MPlayer.

I describe the process (in the form of a story of how I got there) in this
article:

http://users.softlab.ntua.gr/~ttsiod/mp3pro.html

Hope it helps others as well. Basically, the mp3PRO binary XMMS plugin
had a "getbits" function, and the dynamic loader (ld) was confused, because
it saw the same symbol in other places as well (in my case, it was
also found in libmp3lame.so)...

         Thanassis Tsiodras, Dr.-Ing, Telecommunications Laboratory
                 National Technical Univ. of Athens, Greece
                 e-mail : ttsiod AT softlab DOT ntua DOT gr
                    http://www.softlab.ntua.gr/~ttsiod