[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] defines for demux seek flags

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Sun Jan 27 02:14:28 CET 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 01:57 +0200, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 00:15 +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 12:35:00AM +0200, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> > > Make the flags variable a struct with bitfields so you can have sane
> > > syntax like "flags.relative" instead of bit arithmetic with 25 character
> > > define names.
> >
> > That is a bigger change than what I'd like to do right now.
>
> I'll see how hard it would be to do.

Here's a patch changing the demuxer side. mplayer.c and command.c still
contain uses of the old values. I'm not really happy with the field name
'percent' though as it's not really percent (the range is [0, 1], not
[0, 100]). Any suggestions for a better name?

Some brokenness I noticed while doing this:
demux_nsv.c has a seek function but it does nothing. Would be better to
make it nonseekable.
demux_nuv.c, demux_pva.c and demux_y4m.c do not check the flags at all,
always doing a relative seconds seek even if the parameter is not in
relative seconds.