[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] defines for demux seek flags

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Jan 27 00:15:45 CET 2008

On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 12:35:00AM +0200, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-01-26 at 23:28 +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > since it completely confuses me every time I'd like to add defines for
> > the seek flags (absolute vs. relative and time- vs. percent-based).
> > My suggestion is to add these to demuxer.h:
> > #define DEMUXER_SEEKFLAG_RELATIVE (1 << 0)
> > #define DEMUXER_SEEKFLAG_PERCENT  (1 << 1)
> >
> > Better ideas? Objections?
>
> Make the flags variable a struct with bitfields so you can have sane
> syntax like "flags.relative" instead of bit arithmetic with 25 character
> define names.

That is a bigger change than what I'd like to do right now.
It would be quite safe to use just MP_RELATIVE and MP_PERCENT without
much risk for collisions to make it shorter but I don't really like that.
Probably the length does not really matter anyway, those should not be
used in any complex constructs.