[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer on Au1200

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Jan 23 11:16:44 CET 2008

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:32:36 +0100
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 08:57:34AM +0100, Attila Kinali wrote:
> > BTW: as HW accelerators are getting more and more common, how
> > about building an abstraction layer within MPlayer to handle this?
>
> maybe you have some other idea, but it seems to me that must of the
> support for this must be added to ffmpeg (e.g. splitting frames into
> coefficient, parameter, whatever parts) and for the rest the probably
> isn't that much that could be abstracted...

Actually i don't know. Yes, part of it definilty belongs to
lavf/lavc, but i think that some might actually be plugged
in instead of an codec or even demuxer. So my guess would be
that it should be some kind of hooks into the mplayer internal
processing stream where data could be diverted to the hardware
as needed.

But as you know, i'm not an expert in anything related to this.

			Attila Kinali

                         -- Deed of Morred