[MPlayer-dev-eng] Embed Data in Video Stream

Keith Chew keith.chew at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 12:25:38 CET 2008

Hi Michael

> i think the most sane way to store GPS info is in a seperate stream
> (its also not related to video, even a audio only file can have GPS
> coordinates of the recording)
> now practically every format supports more than 2 streams, even AVI

I am currently experimenting using mencoder to dynamically embed GPS
info as subtitles. Then, it'll be embedded in the single file, which
is convenient for distribution.

Then, will look at making mplayer allow me to add a hook when
subtitles are being displayed, so I can do extra things with the info.

Regards
Keith