[MPlayer-dev-eng] Embed Data in Video Stream

Keith Chew keith.chew at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 21:42:05 CET 2008

Hi Ivan

> I'm afraid this channel is not dedicated on teaching how you can use
> mplayer/mencoder, even if this involves coding. Come back when you
> have patch to apply.

Thank you very much for your advise. I did try searching for the
answer, but yes I should have looked harder in more generic places
like you mentioned (ie video formats, containers, etc).

<snip>

> Some of the formats allow subtitles. If the data you want could be
> represented as short text, this would be the most easier way to handle
> it.

This is an extremely clever idea! Yes, it would be the best place for
me to store the information.

<snip>

> The bad news is that mencoder primary output container is avi, that is
> quite limited as standard, but the good news is that mencoder support
> all libavformat (de)muxers, so you'd have to go to ffmpeg coding.

Thank you again for your patience in explaining all the different
options, it is much appreciated. I look forward to researching more in
this topic and finding a good solution.

Regards
Keith