[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] remove screensaver mess

Adam Tlałka atlka at pg.gda.pl
Mon Jan 7 11:59:46 CET 2008

Dnia 06-01-2008 o 22:58:48 Reimar Döffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> napisał(a):
> XScreenSaverSuspend is the first choice, though it requires and
> additional library. Who does still consider XResetScreenSaver necessary?

My arguments for XResetScreenSaver :
+ we do not need to link mplayer with additional library;
+ the code is in one simple heartbeat function (simpler code - not
checking for presence of Xss extension);
+ if using XScreenSaverSuspend we must suspend screensaver before start
playing and clearing this state after that (I don't think that we should
block screensaver if mplayer is not playing anything) which means more
code again;
+ if mplayers blocks or goes to infinite loop the screensaver will be
blocked until user kill mplayer app or closes its window.

Regards,
--
Adam Tlałka