[MPlayer-dev-eng] Embed Data in Video Stream

Keith Chew keith.chew at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 05:41:02 CET 2008

Hi

I am looking for a way to embed data into video frames, like how data
can be embedded in images using Exif standard.

For example, location data (GPS) can be embedded into the video stream
every second, while mencoder is encoding the video.

During playback, would be great if I can add a onData() method hook,
and decide how to process that information.

Does such capabilities exist in mencoder/mplayer? Looking at the
codebase, I cannot see anything so would be really good if someone can
point me to the right direction. I don't need detailed explanation,
just some starting points and I will try to figure it all out.

Thanks
Keith