[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] remove screensaver mess

Onur Küçük onur at delipenguen.net
Thu Jan 3 02:43:39 CET 2008

 Hello,

> this removes most of the screensaver support mess and only adds a
> XResetScreenSaver.
> I'd like to know which screensavers do not work with this.

 SVN rev 25553 wth this patch applied, all work fine in KDE 3.5.8 ,
xorg-server 7.2.

 DPMS is not turned off (as xset says) but neither dpms nor screensaver
gets in the way while MPlayer is running, and when I quit MPlayer they
come back to life after their respective timeouts come.

> The next variant would be system(useroption) instead/in addition to
> XResetScreenSaver, here I'd also like to know if there are any
> screensavers where this wouldn't work either.

 If there will be a "next variant", I am in favour of "in addition to".
This kind of stuff should be done through X libraries,
 system(somecommand) style is too messy to be the first choice.

--
 Onur Küçük                                      Knowledge speaks,
 <onur.--.-.delipenguen.net>                     but wisdom listens