[MPlayer-dev-eng] $system_name in the configure script

Surf Chen surfchen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 03:31:34 CET 2008

It might(may?sorry for my bad english) not be a problem but a faq misleading
issue.On this faq(
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/faq.html#id2552977),the --target is
athlon_xp.if somebody who want to compile a 32bit version on their 64bit
box,they probably follow the faq which cause $system_name be nothing.On this
condition,RealPlayer codecs checking is false.

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 2:48 AM, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 05:51:54PM +0800, Surf Chen wrote:
> > There is a line "system_name=`echo $_target | cut -d '-' -f 2`" in
> configure
> > script on line #1284.if I specify --target as athlon-xp-linux,the second
> > field delimited by '-' is string 'xp' but not others such as
> > "linux","freebsd".This value of $system_name makes something
> > fails.Forexample the RealPlayer codecs checking(view line 6252 for
> > detail).
> > I wanna know why using a part of $_target to assign to $system_name.
> >
> > svn version mplayer is r26107.
>
> Please elaborate what problems result from this.  In the meantime, pass
> athlon_xp-linux to --target, this should work around the problem.
>
> Diego

Best Wishes