[MPlayer-dev-eng] Make ffmpeg MPEG1/2 decoder the default?

Balatoni Denes dbalatoni at interware.hu
Sun Feb 24 23:53:10 CET 2008

Hi!

Monday 18 February 2008 18:27-kor Reimar Döffinger ezt írta:
> I also think there was not a single benchmark done on non-x86, was
> there?

Yes, there was for SPARC on the ffmpeg-devel list by me - on HD material. The
conclusion was that ffmpeg is faster than libmpeg2 with the VIS idct, and
slower without (because libmpeg2 has no VIS idct).

> Greetings,
> Reimar Döffinger

bye
Denes

ps: the VIS idct in ffmpeg is not switched on by default, and it is not
actualy mentioned anywhere in the docs , hehe ;)