[MPlayer-dev-eng] Can't play mp4 over http

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Tue Feb 19 21:16:38 CET 2008

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:52:03 +0100
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> Hello,
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 06:31:18PM +0100, Alban Bedel wrote:
> > I missed something before sending my previous mail. The old version
> > use mplayer's mov demuxer and it still work fine with -demuxer mov.
> > So the bug is most probably in the lavf warper.
>
> If you consider that "work fine" you must have a really, really fast
> internet connection. Like one that does not mind 25 reconnections per
> second...

Not even, in fact I have a pretty crappy connection (open wlan with a
weak signal and a crap ISP behind). But keep in mind that with many http
site nowadays the first connection will often end up going through
multiple redirect. That doesn't happend on seek. Things could still be
improved a bit by skipping the useless dns resolution on seek.

Otherwise I don't care how many reconnect it do, from a user pov it is
working fine: it start after a reasonable delay and playback is perfect.

	Albeu