[MPlayer-dev-eng] Rip realvideo

Nuno Gonçalves nunojpg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 23:06:57 CET 2008

Hi,

I want to rip about 1000 videos from a streaming server because it would be
really nice to have them saved forever.

They are using a Real server, for example:
rtsp://mcmreal.mediacapital.pt/dbvideo/4902269

The main problem is that I want to go across the intent of RTP and request
every frame that might get lost to guarantee that I’m getting the best
quality possible. Otherwise there were some programs that enabled to be
called from command line to download all videos as a batch.

Anyway, I’ve been looking to RFC2326,RFC3550,RFC3551 for some weeks now and
it seems I will have a lot of work to implement this for myself(although it
worth that for me!). I’ve also looked to Sun JMF but that doesn’t seem to
help much more.

I found the MPlayer and Its seems to have support for the regular ripping so
It could be easy to modify to my purpose.

So this should be possible right? Any idea for a quickstart that can save me
a few hours?

Thanks,

Nuno Gonçalves

Portugal