[MPlayer-dev-eng] revised security patches

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Feb 11 10:06:31 CET 2008

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 11:55:19PM +0100, A Mennucc wrote:

> I have prepared a new version of the Debian package ( 1.0~rc1-12etch2,
> for Debian stable a.k.a. Etch) of mplayer to cover the recent security
> patches. In doing so I found that the patches provided in the homepage
> do not compile. I attach the corrected patches.

The patches on the homepage compile just fine.  You must have broken
your package by patching it.  What exactly is the problem?

> The problem is that the include file
>    #include "libavutil/intreadwrite.h"
> is useless, but the
>    #include "libavutil/common.h"
> is needed to provide FFMIN and FFMAX

intreadwrite.h #includes bswap.h, which #includes common.h, besides
demux_mov.c now directly makes use of some #defines from intreadwrite.h.
That said, stream_cddb.c just needs common.h.  I have changed the file
to just #include the necessary header.

Diego