[MPlayer-dev-eng] N fps and N Hz screen refresh rate (the vblank problem)

Pallai Roland pallair at magex.hu
Wed Dec 31 01:49:44 CET 2008

2008/12/30 Uoti Urpala <uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi>:
> On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 19:38 +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
>> What video card doe you have? Can it do OpenGL?
>> Have you tried -vo gl (or if supported better -vo gl:yuv=2)?
I've an ATI X800GTO, driven by Xorg's radeon driver. I tried '-o gl'
before, but that's too slow. Now I tried '-vo gl:yuv=2' as you said
and seems like it's supported and much faster!

I don't know much about gl module, but I'll do some experiment, thanks.

> The gl swapinterval alone can not solve this well. If the monitor
> framerate is a multiple of the video framerate then the default does not
> help at all. You'll need to set a higher swapinterval that matches the
> ratio of video and screen updates. But then with such a setting A/V sync
> adjustments break because it becomes impossible to speed up the video at
> all. You'd need either a mode that adjusts audio length instead or a
> mode that drops frames instead of showing them faster (or with
> swapinterval > 1 preferably allows showing them with a smaller
> interval).
I've only guess what gl swapinterval means, yet, so I'll take a look