[MPlayer-dev-eng] Video output for RV280+Mesa3D

malc av1474 at comtv.ru
Fri Dec 5 19:54:58 CET 2008

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:

>> rv280 doesn't have ARBfp1.0, on the surface not a biggie since ATIfs1.0
>> + 6 TUs is just as capable in this regard, BUT, the ability to use GART
>> memory is only possible with YCBCR_MESA and RGBA (later implies having
>> X running at depth 32),
>
> Is GART memory faster than using PBOs? Does that card support PBO
> (GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object)?

No it does not.

> I never had a card that supported YCBCR_MESA, it might be a matter of
> just adding support for that in vo_gl (maybe 3 lines of code) and it
> might work just as well, or have you tested that already?

YCBCR_MESA is supported by, at least, i915,rv200. I had/ve a
vo_mesaycbcr that works on x86 + i915 but it doesn't yield the same
kind of returns rv280 has and besides i don't use x86 machine which
has i915 (945 in fact) all that much to care.

>> it's possible and in fact i have a code for
>> this, to push pseudo RGBA data and unpack it in the ATIfs1.0 program,
>> but this is needlessly convoluted and besides lacks the ability to do
>> any filtering apart from GL_NEAREST
>
> Oh, I know, I was thinking about this but did not consider it worth
> implementing (even though it would work on my old TNT2 card).
>
>> As it stand this vo_rv280 is faster than anything, XV included, and by
>> a large margin:
>
> I don't doubt it, but I _severely_ doubt this could not be integrated
> into vo_gl with less than half the effort required to implement all the stuff
> you left out because you don't need it (panscan, xinerama, ASS
> subtitles, coloured/transparent subtitles, -geometry support, possibly
> more).

I have subtitles, coloured transparent and in any shapre or form you
want, and in fact OSD the way it is implemented in vo_rv280.c is much
faster than any of the existing vo's in mplayer now. But yeah i
suppose implementing every detail is a bit low on my agenda.

[..snip..]

mailto:av1474 at comtv.ru