[MPlayer-dev-eng] Video output for RV280+Mesa3D

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Dec 5 12:00:48 CET 2008

On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 01:44:51PM +0300, malc wrote:
> The patch implements the most performant(at least on this mac mini) way to
> put YV12/I420/YUY2/UYVY data on screen. Constraints include:
> a) PPC
> b) Altivec presence
> c) Mesa3D + GLX_MESA_allocate_memory
> d) Horizontal resolution being multiple of 16

And probably a bit more things that do not work like panscan etc. pp.
The more important question would be: what is the difference to
extending vo_gl to support direct-rendering into memory allocated by
glXAllocateMemoryMESA, setting GL_UNPACK_CLIENT_STORAGE_APPLE and
supporting GL_YCBCR_MESA?
And also, how extensively/which features of -vo gl have you tested and
which of these settings are how much faster in comparison? (I assume
this one requires x11, too? You did not state if you are running OSX or
Linux or something else...).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger