[MPlayer-dev-eng] Direct3D vo -wid specific problem

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Dec 3 11:50:25 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 09:56:16AM +0200, Georgi Petrov wrote:
> New BackBuffer: Width: 145, Height:105. VO Dest Width:1024, Height: 576
>
> Please note the BackBuffer's size - 145/105. Yep, the vo_dwidth and
> vo_dheight are correct, but the backbuffer's dimensions are not.

Actually, vo_dwidth/vo_dheight are wrong. Should be fixed now.

> [gl] Creating 1024x1024 texture...
> [gl] Resize: 145x105
> *** [pp] Allocating mp_image_t, 720x576x12bpp YUV planar, 622080 bytes
> [gl] Resize: 1024x576
>
> Please notice the second resize event. Initially vo_gl creates 145x105
> context as well, but then a second resize event to the right
> dimensions comes and everything works. I don't get this second
> "Resize: 1024x576" :)

It all doesn't fit quite together, I think there should be another "[gl] Resize: 1024x576"
before but, I guess the reason is that the OpenGL initialization is much faster, so when
vo_w32_check_events is called the first time it still notices the
smaller dimension (which does not match vo_dwidth/vo_dheight), and thus
causes the first resize event. Since then vo_dwidth/vo_dheight is
set to the smaller dimensions, it will then also notice the resizing
to the larger size (whereas for vo_direct3d it will think the window
has always been the larger size).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger