[MPlayer-dev-eng] Direct3D vo -wid specific problem

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Dec 2 23:47:26 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 05:20:56PM +0200, Georgi Petrov wrote:
> > I am aware, it happens with SMPlayer, too.
>
> This will happen in all players since they don't know the movie's
> dimensions before the movie is displayed, but the window is created
> when calling MPlayer, so it must have *some* dimensions. After the
> movie dimensions are known, though, the vo driver should receive
> resize event to correct the window size / rendering context size.

Well, in my testing vo_dwidth and vo_dheight were correct all the time
in configure and everything seemed to work fine.
I also used a different file each time since SMPlayer seems to cache the
dimensions.
The only issue is that when you first play an audio file and then a
video file it breaks forever, probably due to width being 0 at some
point (well, and the ugly video corruption when resizing is a bit weird)...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger