[MPlayer-dev-eng] Direct3D vo -wid specific problem

Georgi Petrov gogothebee at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 15:37:45 CET 2008

Hi,

I have this particular problem. Using MPUI 1.3 (haven't changed since
2006) and Direct3D vo, when I first open a movie, the MPUI initializes
the window size to 145/105 pixels and my driver fails, because in
doesn't accept odd dimensions values. This is not important. I would
start displaying it if it was 146/106 for example. The important thing
is that I never receive a resize event to the real movie's dimensions
afterward (MPlayer continues to supply frames). When using vo_gl
almost the same thing happens - the dimensions are exactly 145/105,
BUT before the video begins, vo_gl receives a resize event to the real
dimensions. I use the same w32_common code, but I don't receive this
event. I'm trying to understand what triggers the resize event in
vo_gl and not in my driver, but I'm unable to determine it. Reimar -
do you have something in mind? I'll continue my investigation though.