[MPlayer-dev-eng] Need a guide to implement a codec library using hardware video codec

Shachar Raindel shacharr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 02:24:59 CEST 2008

Small GPL warning:

Make sure that your company is aware to the fact that MPlayer is
licensed only through a GPL license.

IANAL, so I am not sure what exactly is needed for you to comply with
said license, though I am rather sure that releasing all of the source
code of your modified version of MPlayer is part of this. Take that
into account while working on this project - the MPlayer/ffmpeg gang
is well known for chasing GPL violators.

--Shachar