[MPlayer-dev-eng] indentation style

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Apr 10 13:09:11 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 12:54:23PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 11:14:56AM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > And I am still in favour of the ffmpeg commit hooks for the files I
> > maintain, while there have been objections about such scripts, I don't
> > think any of the reasons apply to the files I maintain at least as long
> > as I am actively maintaining them and available on short notice.
>
> I feel the same.
>
> What files do you want to have controlled by pre-commit hooks?

I think these already are tab and trailing-whitespace free
and not really touched by anyone except me:

libmpdemux/demux_mpc.c
libvo/vo_gl.c
libvo/vo_gl2.c
libvo/gl_common.c
libvo/gl_common.h
libvo/w32_common.c
libvo/w32_common.h
libao/ao_jack.c
libao/ao_openal.c
libao/ao_pulse.c
libmpcodecs/ad_mpc.c
libmpcodecs/ad_speex.c

(though the mpc demuxer and decoder probably serve no more purpose
and should be removed, though that would first have to be tested
if there are any problems with the libav* variants).

Does anyone feel like having objections to placing these under ffmpeg commit
hooks? (IIRC that means commits with tabs or trailing whitespaces not
allowed - as for coding style most use 2 space indentation because that
has been my style since forever, though I don't mind changing to 4
spaces if maybe two other developers would go along with that. Same
applies to other style issues, like placement of { - which I almost
always put on the same line, except sometimes for overlong function
declarations.)