[MPlayer-dev-eng] GUI status

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Sun Apr 6 23:43:32 CEST 2008

On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 15:22:53 -0400
Compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:

> has the gui ever been maintained after Zoltan Ponekker (Pontscho)
> created it?

Not really AFAIK.

> will it be?

I doubt, but I would love to be proved wrong.

> i see a lot of misc code cleanups, some compilation fixes, a win32
> port... a bunch of external patches and fixes and vulns.
>
> what is the TODO of the gui code? to be made external and use slave
> mode like all other frontends? if we have a defined goal, maybe some
> developer will take it up.

It's clear a decision must be taken. Either we keep the GUI and try to
move it toward using using clean APIs (eventually writing those API if
needed) or we drop it.

> maybe arpi wants to maintain it. ping arpi

Forget it. AFAIK Arpi was never involved in the GUI, and I wouldn't even
be surprised if he originally opposed it.

	Albeu