[MPlayer-dev-eng] libvo changes

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Sun Apr 6 20:36:56 CEST 2008

On Sun, 2008-04-06 at 19:57 +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 02:19:44AM +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> > On Sat, 2008-04-05 at 22:53 +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > > I'd also rather like to do some cosmetics on video_out.c that mostly splits
> > > your patch (removing trailing whitespace, then consistent indentation
> > > for video_out_drivers), but I don't want to mess up your patch set, do
> > > you think I could do that without creating a mess for you?
> >
> > I'm not quite sure what kind of changes you mean. There shouldn't be any
> > trailing whitespace in the current file; if you mean creating a separate
> > commit which does nothing but remove trailing whitespace, not even other
> > whitespace changes, I don't see the point (and especially not doing any
> > extra work for it).
>
> I personally would be in favor of removing all trailing whitespace from
> non-imported code.  Don't worry, you will not have to do the work.

I'm not sure if you understood my message correctly. At least I don't
see how it relates to what I wrote, unless you only referred to the
mention of trailing whitespace at all. I didn't oppose removal of
trailing whitespace, and did in fact remove it myself from the file in
question. What I found completely pointless was that Reimar seemed to be
suggest rewriting existing patches to separate trailing whitespace
removal from other cosmetic changes.