[MPlayer-dev-eng] libvo changes

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Sat Apr 5 19:48:31 CEST 2008

On Sat, 2008-04-05 at 19:19 +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 05, 2008 at 07:55:14PM +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> > Here are the latest libvo changes. They add the basics of a new VO
> > driver API and convert vo_xv to use it.
>
> I did not really look at the new part yet, but the changes to vo_vesa
> and vo_svga now pass all controls on to vidix instead of just the
> equalizer ones.

They passed all controls to vidix before too. I only removed the now
unnecessary special-casing of the equalizer controls and let them use
the simple general forwarding case (which did exist before).

> > video_out.c: Clean up some code
>
> That's a bad commit message. I _think_ those are only cosmetics, if so
> please say so explicitly.

IIRC that commit changes code formatting and renames a variable. IMO
"clean up" tells clearly enough that the commit should not contain
functionality changes. Do you want a clearer distinction between "does
not change functionality" and "unlikely to change compiler output at
all"? I'm not sure when you'd care about that when reading the commit
log.