[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] rc2 at the beginning of October

Aurelien Jacobs aurel at gnuage.org
Tue Sep 18 19:57:22 CEST 2007

Jindrich Makovicka wrote:

> On 9/18/07, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> > But what is the alternative to libconfhelper-perl?  I'm sure there is
> > one.
>
> Actually, official Debian packages (mplayer_1.0~rc1-16) have the
> install scripts rewritten to use shell & awk for the same
> functionality. But I didn't find a direct libconfhelper equivalent.

I wonder why are we trying to maintain a badly outdated debian directory ?
The official debian package has a much better and up-to-date one.
IMO, we should simply rm the whole debian directory. If some people insist
on having it in our repository, then we should at least re-base it
on latest official one :
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/m/mplayer/mplayer_1.0~rc1-16.diff.gz

Aurel