[MPlayer-dev-eng] libmpeg2 SSE support

Howard Chu hyc at highlandsun.com
Sun Sep 16 16:44:02 CEST 2007

Petri Hintukainen posted this to the mpeg2-dev mailing list a couple months
ago. It looks like it still hasn't been committed to their repository though.
I've merged Petri's patch with MPlayer's patches, so this is the result.
(Diff'd against current svn)

His original patch is here:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=1183719638.817.3.camel%40core

I haven't noticed any real performance difference on my Opteron 185. Using
xvidix as my output, oprofile shows that the main CPU hog is fast_memcpy (at
over 50%, vs only 10% or so for the next runner up).

The tail of the patch is just to enable the SSE2 detection bit in
libmpcodecs/vd_libmpeg2.c.
--
    -- Howard Chu