[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] rc2 at the beginning of October

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Sep 14 10:20:32 CEST 2007

Hi!

Roberto Togni <rxt <at> rtogni.it> writes:

> Known breakages and regressions?

<QUOTE myself>
Quoting http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/mpeg_decoders.html:

Make sure that you have have only Free to Air channels in your channels.conf
file, or MPlayer will try to skip to the next visible one, but it may take long
if there are many consecutive encrypted channels.

Since r20478, mplayer just prints "TS file format detected" and waits
forever (or until encryption ends) instead of skipping. I prefer this new
behaviour, because it allows to wait for unencrypted transmissions on otherwise
encrypted channels (Euro1080), but in any case, documentation and behaviour
differ.
</QUOTE>

I'm away over the weekend, but next week, I'll commit an update for the
documentation: The change is now quite old, and nobody complained nor cared
although I reported the problem three times IIRC (and I slightly prefer the new
behaviour).

Nico, if you don't agree, please confirm that you'll try to restore the original
and documented behaviour. The test file I once sent to you is called
HD1MP4enc.ts and the documented behaviour is NOT to play the file, as rc1 did
(not play).

Carl Eugen