[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] keep fullscreen mode over aspect, file etc. change if set by user

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Sep 7 13:12:57 CEST 2007

Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> Hello, On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 05:07:44PM +0300, Ivan Kalvachev
> wrote:
>
>> 2007/6/27, Reimar Doeffinger
>> <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>:
>
> [...]
>
>> Anyway, I think we should preserve the FS state, unless the command
>> line says something different.

Two examples are hardly enough for a rule, but it feels as if every time
you touch the interface-level code, it changes something in a way I
don't like...

>> I don't like the current approach as it requires additional code
>> for each vo that wants this kind of behavior, creating huge
>> non-intuitive differences among vo's.
>
> So how about this version then?

I don't see any indication of a way (e.g. by config file option) to
produce the previous behaviour, which - as I said in the earlier thread
- I think follows intuitively from the option-positioning rules used for
the rest of MPlayer.

I have no objection to providing the ability to have this kind of
behaviour, but I do object to removing the ability to have the current
behaviour and the option consistency which it provides.

I would not even object strongly to making the behaviour you are aiming
for default if you think it's that important, but I certainly do not
want to have to use it myself.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.