[MPlayer-dev-eng] OpenGates to Donate

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Nov 26 21:43:07 CET 2007

Hello,
On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 08:58:14PM +0100, Benjamin Zores wrote:
> Reimar Döffinger a écrit :
> > On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 07:58:16PM +0100, Benjamin Zores wrote:
[...]
> >> Feel free to start writing a VIDIX driver for Intel cards ;-)
> >> But it seems to be using Xorg anyhow, so just use xorg driver, it'll
> >> produce much better results.
> >
> > Well, with limited hard disk space it _might_ be interesting to do
> > without X.
> > It also has very limited (by today's standards) 3D capabilities, I doubt
> > -vo gl will be able to get good performance out of it (though of course
> > you never know...)
>
> Sure, we use MPlayer in GeeXboX in a 7MB size OS and VIDIX was perfect
> for our needs but don't forget that the box isn't shipped naked.
> It already comes with a preinstalled and configured OS and the goal is
> obviously not to replace it ;-)
> It's not a MediaPlayer/Center _only_ box either.

Obviously. I don't really think there is much point in hacking it that
way.
Btw. there is something I've been wondering about since some time:
http://download.intel.com/design/chipsets/datashts/25261505.pdf
page 142 talks about "Bi-Cubic Filtering".
Does someone know where, how, and accessible how they implemented this?
The weird thing is, that they put this under "3D Engine", so I'd assume
this does not only concern xv. But on the other hand there is not really
a way (that I can see) that OpenGL or Direct3D "could" support this.
Or is this another case of marketing guys being told to "just write down
some great stuff, nobody cares if it's true anyway"?

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger