[MPlayer-dev-eng] scaletempo speedup, listen-test-request

A Mennucc debdev at tonelli.sns.it
Sun Nov 18 13:16:42 CET 2007

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 10:15:15PM +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Hello,
> since my ears aren't the best at all, could you please test attached
> patch if it decreases quality audibly?

I did some tests.

I call [O] the original version (the one in SVN)
and [P] the version with your patch

---- classical (Leos_Ianacek - Lasske_tance) - orchestra, with
-- speed 1.21
no audible artefacts in both
-- speed 0.83
both versions give a slight tremolo character to the music;
[P] slighlty (slightly!) more

---- swing (Michael Bouble) - voice and contrabass
-- speed 1.21, 0.83
[O] is quite fine, but
[P] adds a lot of tremolo
--

---- Pop ( Elton John - Your Song ) - voice, piano, guitar, strings
-- speed 1.21

I think your patch need some study... unfortunately I do not (yet)
understand the code well enough to look into it.

a.