[MPlayer-dev-eng] wma spdif passthrough

Ulion ulion2002 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 19:33:47 CET 2007

2007/11/15, David Dubrović <david.dubrovic at globalnet.hr>:
> Ulion wrote:
> > Hello, I know a little about passthough the wma pro. But there's no
> > public specification for wma pro format, so this feature won't be
> > easy.
>
> Can this help? Found this yesterday:
> http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/audio/wmadrv.mspx

A little, but not enough.

> > Can you passthrough wma pro by Windows Media Player now?
>
> I'll try, will report back later.

I think it should, Tools->Options->Devices->Speakers->Play WMP content
over S/PDIF in wmp 11.
Also, I found Zoom Player seems support passthrough wma pro by the 'dmo' I said.

> > There's some trick I think maybe help: If we can capture the digital
> > output when wmp doing the passthrough(such like like output to another
> > digital input of a sound card and record)
>
> I'll see what can I do about this...
> What software do I need to capture raw spdif?

like this: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=338286
Indeed my macbook has digital output and input even when using
bootcamp running a winxp, I may have a try to find a little more, such
as how to split wma pro's sync frame from raw wma stream.

--
Ulion