[MPlayer-dev-eng] wma spdif passthrough

Ulion ulion2002 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 13:55:40 CET 2007

2007/11/15, David Dubrović <david.dubrovic at globalnet.hr>:
> Sorry for creating new thread, I just registered on the list.
> Anyway, I was asking about this, I have Pioneer VSX-916 receiver (with
> big "Plays Windows Media TM" logo on it, so I was thinking of trying
> that. I see now there is some interest to make something out of it, so
> I'm happy to test whatever comes this way.

Hello, I know a little about passthough the wma pro. But there's no
public specification for wma pro format, so this feature won't be
easy.
Can you passthrough wma pro by Windows Media Player now?
Another way to passthrough is try to support the dmo for spdif, but I
think it will probably only work on win32.
There's some trick I think maybe help: If we can capture the digital
output when wmp doing the passthrough(such like like output to another
digital input of a sound card and record), after research the captured
stream, maybe we can figure out how to split wma pro frames from a raw
wma pro stream that's what I currently need to know. Or a sound card
sniffer support spdif would help also.

--
Ulion