[MPlayer-dev-eng] Updated nailfps filter patches

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue Nov 13 00:52:38 CET 2007

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 05:11:44PM -0500, xiphmont at xiph.org wrote:

> Fine.  I give up.
>
> There are plenty of things about the design worth arguing about... but
> you guys are more worried about the color of the mudflaps on this
> dumptruck.  You're rejecting considered decisions out of hand with
> vague, irrelevant dogma.  I've seen two legitimate bugs brought up so
> far in a mountain of "WAAAH! WE DON'T LIKE YOUR INDEEEEENT."

A patch of this size is likely to go through a round of minor and mayor
requests for changes.  It has in fact been reviewed very actively, which
is generally a very good sign.

As for my review, I noticed some bugs in your roff markup, easily fixed
but legitimate bugs nonetheless, and missing license headers.  Legal
issues should not be trifled with IMO.  Then again, I don't think you
are referring to my review...

> I have the only mplayer/mencoder on earth that can always dump WMV2
> and WMV3 without losing sync.  I just needed it for me.  I thought it
> would be nice to submit it for all your users who have been asking for
> this for years.  But it just ceased being worth it.
>
> Patch retracted.  You can all go fuck yourselves.  Life is too short
> for this asshattery.

Patience Monty, around here a bit of thick skin is very helpful...

Diego

P.S.: I just looked up asshattery, great new word :)