[MPlayer-dev-eng] Updated nailfps filter patches

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Sun Nov 11 19:53:40 CET 2007

On Nov 11, 2007 10:05 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> How did you make the patches? I had to fix every file manually before it could
> be applied (insted of @@ -xyz,6 +xyz,7 @@, hunks often start with @@ -xyz,7
> +xyz,8 @@, but only seven lines follow before next "Index:").

I hand seperated out changes from the same file that did different
things.  I could see getting the line numbes wrong, but how the heck
did emacs pacth mode screw up the vblock size?

> My ts test file start with audio and video at 37974. With nailsync, mplayer
> only shows the first frame repeatedly (perhaps until 37974?), so I don't know
> if the patch can help with PAFF samples.

...or if the demuxer is one of the many that can't report A/V
presentation timestamps properly.  If the demuxer fudfes the values
out of laziness ("nothing uses them anyway") the code won't work.
I'll ad some more debug output so we can see if that's the case.  Is
there any output to the console?  If nailfps/nailsync is actually
making any changes, it will report them.  If it's hanging for some
other reason (maybe the videustall chaneg I made?) it would be worth
knowing.

> > [before anyone complains, there is an exit() to kick out on an error
> > in the audio filter.  There's no way for an audio filter to return a
> > fatal error like a video filter can].
>
> That's clearly a showstopper, because mplayer file -af nailsync -vf nailfps
> -fps 25 kills the console.

as in 'is unkillable'?  That's the mplayer sighandler biting you (I
completely disable it in my builds, it causes me nothing but trouble).
 The exit() is only called if nailsync is used without nailfps.