[MPlayer-dev-eng] patch: VFCTRL_RESET and vf_nailfps.c

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Wed Nov 7 20:39:29 CET 2007

On Wednesday 07 November 2007 19:52, xiphmont at xiph.org wrote:

<snip>
> Regardless, my *primary* use case is mplayer and yu4mpeg output, for
> which this patch solves an actual problem.  If I was using mencoder,
> it would only be as a hack, so I was not motivated to figure out what
> mencoder was doing wrong.

Yeah, it certainly helps in navigating the explosive mencoder
bug-minefield when you can use mplayer for much of the process :)

My own tests used variable fps mkv as input. In practice the file had
30000/1001 for some scenes, and 24000/1001 for most. Cost of higher fps
justifiable only for the intro, I guess... IIRC, I used only -ofps
24000/1001 and -vf harddup, into avi container, not via lavf, and
either mp3 or pcm audio output, I dont remember which.

Maybe things have broken since...