[MPlayer-dev-eng] patch: VFCTRL_RESET and vf_nailfps.c

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Wed Nov 7 15:40:35 CET 2007

On Wednesday 07 November 2007 04:21, Christopher "Monty" Montgomery
wrote:

> first time mplayer or mencoder has allowed me to dump all my problem
> .asf streams to yuv4mpeg or transcode to avi or ogg without sync
> wandering all over the place.
<snip>
> ... now works the way you would think it should with enforced sync
> between vidpipe and wavpipe.

In the cases where I really wanted to use yuv4mpeg (like when I want to
burn in ass subs) I've done it in several steps, first mencoder to
"normalize" fps and av-sync, then mplayer -vo yuv4mpeg with the
"normalized" file and the subtitle track, and then muxed with audio
track from "normalized" file...