[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] disable fastmemcpy on x86-64 by default

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun May 27 22:12:40 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 09:54:31PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> what about a mp_memcpy() / av_memcpy()
> which takes AV_SRC_IN_CACHE, AV_DST_IN_CACHE, AV_WILL_READ_DST, AV_SIZE_CONST
> ?

Are there any copies with large, constant size? If not normal memcpy
that the compiler can replace with its builtin is probably best.
I also do wonder in how many cases where the fast memcpy is beneficial
we need to support for unaligned access, this is quite a bit of the
fast_memcpy complexity. If even length can be assumed to be a certain
multiple the function might even become small enough to inline.
But either way the first step would be to cleanup the mess that resulted
from that 'just slap a #include "fastmemcpy.h" there', esp. for the gui
code I really doubt there is much of a point in it...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger