[MPlayer-dev-eng] DTS decode problem

arpi at mplayerhq.hu arpi at mplayerhq.hu
Fri May 25 21:49:51 CEST 2007

Hi,

Although this is not the right list for such bureports...
I also cannot play any DVD with DTS track since ffdts was removed.
ffdca plays some of the audio blocks, but skips the most of them,
so the audio is out-of-sync from the first second, and after a
few seconds it results in demuxer overflows and then no more audio...

If the ffdca decoder is working ok (i'm not sure, some dts track
should be dumped and play back as audio-only to test), then it may
be a demuxer problem or incompatibility, maybe the dca decoder
expects one audio frame per call, while mplayer's mpeg demiuxer
streams audio data as it comes from the mpeg packaging...
(so framing may be missing here?)

A'rpi