[MPlayer-dev-eng] [PATCH] Make mp3lib SIMD optimizations work on AMD64, Part 4
gpoirier at mplayerhq.hu
Wed May 23 17:58:08 CEST 2007
Zuxy Meng wrote:
> 2007/5/22, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com>:
>> Looks Ok to me.
>> (I tested that it doesn't break compilation on AMD64, so there's no
>> obvious regression with regards to bringing AMD64 support ... :-) )
>> Commit anytime
> Committed. Part 4 is big...I didn't bother to decipher the assembly in
> tabinit_MMX.c; instead I recorded what was produced by
> make_decode_table_MMX() and used that data to initialize
> mp3lib_decwins directly. Therefore tabinit_MMX.c itself isn't needed
> any more.
> I guess this approach causes least trouble.
Looks Ok to me. Once it's committed, please do explain where these
magic values come from by putting doxygen-like comment on top of the
new array, referring to the commit just just made (please also add the
revision number), pointing out that the values are essentially always
the same no matter the input file.
More information about the MPlayer-dev-eng