[MPlayer-dev-eng] XDG basedir standard (suggestion)

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue May 22 18:22:31 CEST 2007

On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 10:43:44AM -0400, Jorge Fábregas wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> Are there any plans to migrate MPlayer to the XDG basedir standard so that the
> config files would be in $HOME/.config/mplayer instead of $HOME/.mplayer?

And nex someone will suggest to put it under
.config/settings/setup/configuration/etc/files/mplayer ??
Anyway it would be wrong even according to that specification since e.g.
subfont.ttf, skins and bitmap fonts obviously are both data and
configuration, so we need a filesystem that can handle a split
personality first...