[MPlayer-dev-eng] future plans for libvo draw_osd()

Richard Lee spam at richardlee.name
Tue May 22 17:48:28 CEST 2007

Hi there-

Reading libvo.txt in the technical docs, I see that draw_osd() is
declared to be soon obsolete.  What is the timeframe for that happening,
and what is the forward looking way of doing extended osd implementations?

I would like to rewrite the OSD display routines to do my own custom
display.  I was thinking of just rewriting the vo_draw_text() method to
do what I want.  Is that the right approach?

Thanks!

Richard