[MPlayer-dev-eng] RFC on libspe2 detection

Rasmus Rohde rohde at duff.dk
Thu May 17 11:07:46 CEST 2007

> - avoid unnecessary casts
I've walked through the code and removed what I could find of unnecessary casts.

> - why are you favoring the usage of the external program instead of the
> embedded one? shouldn't be the opposite? (you fallback to the external
> program only if you hadn't embedded the spu code?)
If you have written super ultimate Vista scaler ++ 2.0 and want to use that
instead, you can do it without recompiling mplayer.

It's extremely nice when you are just testing since compiling some spu
code is pretty fast whereas compiling mplayer takes a bit longer.

> - shouldn't first set up the handler and then, if everything is fine,
> spawn the new thread?
Sounds reasonable. Fix it.

> - you could factorize some constants
I probably could. That will have to wait.

> - please have your code formatted to 97 col bound otherwise is a bit
> harder to read.
I've reduced line width to 80 all the places I found it makes sense.
The macro stuff in the SPE code is ugly from the beginning and trying to
fit it into 80 does not help much.
I could perhaps move it to the top of the file and avoid a lot of
indentation.

Version 3 http://www.duff.dk/ps3/vo_fbdevps3-patch-3