[MPlayer-dev-eng] RFC on libspe2 detection

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Thu May 17 09:23:15 CEST 2007

Rasmus Rohde wrote:

> Okie - I've put together an updated patch which also detects if we have
> spu-gcc and ppu-embedspu available. Furthermore I've included my current
> version of vo_fbdevps3.c together with the SPU code that does color
> conversion and scaling.

+echocheck "spugcc"
+if test "$_spugcc" = auto ; then
+cat > $TMPC << EOF
+int main(unsigned long long spe_id, unsigned long long program_data_ea,
unsigned
+long long env) { asm("ceqi \$2, \$1, 0"); return 0; }
+EOF
+  _spugcc=no
+
+  rm -f "$TMPO"
+  echo "spu-gcc -o $TMPO $TMPC" >> "$TMPLOG"
+  spu-gcc -o "$TMPO" "$TMPC" >> "$TMPLOG" 2>&1 && ppu-embedspu test
"$TMPO" "$TMPC" && _spugcc=yes
+fi
+if test "$_spugcc" = yes ; then
+  _def_spugcc='#define HAVE_SPUGCC 1'
+else
+  _def_spugcc='#undef HAVE_SPUGCC'
+fi
+echores "$_spugcc"

grr, spu-gcc is a bad alias for spu-elf-gcc even worse ppu-${something}
is a quick hack from the start, you should expect to have embedspu from
the current local/cross toolchain (that is either plain embedspu or the
same prefix you have in the compiler).

Since they won't be out of business soon, you may iterate across spu-
spu-elf- and probably soon gcc -mspu to check for an spu compatible
compiler (xlc should be treated on a later time IMHO)

same for embedspu with "", ppu-, ${_cc//gcc}

or something similar/smarter.

lu

--

Luca Barbato